January 14, 2011

Throwback Friday

While my life is pretty eventless and boring these days with finishing up my last semester and the joys that go along with school, I thought I would start a new series.

I'm introducing Throwback Fridays, a series in which I find a picture from the past and share with all of you.

And for my first installment of Throwback Fridays, I would like to dedicate it to my dear ole college friend, Spanky.


After Hurricane Floyd flooded out our entire college town of Greenville, NC, our chapter advisor decided to donate some clothes to us (see above picture). This was 1999, not 1969 folks. Her heart was in the right place, but please, like a bunch of sorority girls would actually wear this shit.

So one day on the front porch of the AOPi house, Spanky and I decided to don the clothes and put on a dance party. As this was such a hit, we did an encore production at the annual Pledge Retreat. Our dance, to the Backstreet Boys, became a staple in the Pi house and is still performed today. Today's dance is known as the "Snuggie Dance Off."

3 comments:

  1. I remember this. Good times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This made my day. A lot has happened since that pic was taken but our sense of humor and ability to break out the occasional dance is still in tact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha ha! This just made me smile from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete