December 27, 2011

Paula Dean..I am Not

I may have that sweet charming Southern accent going for me, but when it comes to cooking that's about all Paula Dean and I have in common. I'm the first to admit, I am no cook. I can cook about 5 things really well and that's where my abilities stop.

I have been branching out a bit and trying some new things, most of which are to no avail. So when I saw this simple recipe for a beef tenderloin with only 3 ingredients (including the meat) I decided to take another lookey. The reviews on the dish were wonderful so I thought I'd give it a try.

On down to the Walmart I go with list in hand. When I couldn't find the cut of meat I should have known this was over my head and too rich for my blood. But feeling ambitious, I high-tailed it to Lowes Foods. Still feeling ambitious even when I couldn't find it amongst the other meats, I decided to go to the meat counter. In my most confident voice I asked Mr. Butcher, "Do you have a beef tenderloin roast...ummm...maybe around 3 pounds or so."

To my delight, he answered yes! SCORE! Well...I guess I was so excited I must not have heard "per pound" when he said "$13.99" As I was busy salivating over this huge chunk of meat, I didn't even notice the price.

I get to the check out and Awww Lawwd, I bout had me a heart attack right there in line:

But it is a nice looking piece of meat, if I do say so myself.
And knowing my limitations, I'm not touching it. This is now the Husband's project. No way, I'm gonna ruin a $50 piece of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment