February 11, 2011

Throwback Friday

Since my anniversary was on Wednesday, I find it seemingly appropriate that this week's installment of Throwback Friday be dedicated to my amazing husband. Please disregard the quality of the picture, being that it was taken in the Summer of 2003 (I'm pretty sure I didn't have a digital camera).

This was shortly after D and I had met and we were at a birthday party in Wake Forest (only about 5 minutes from downtown...hee hee). Sorry I had to insert an inside joke there. As it was mandatory that guests only drink beer out of beer helmets (yes, this was D's first introduction to my friends), we spent most of the day on a scavenger hunt for, what I think is perhaps one of the most efficient beer consuming devices ever made. We did finally find them at Spencers. Big shock there, I know!

Align Center
But we did have a fabulous time and I think it raised the question in D's mind, "What the hell am I getting myself into?" but 8 years later (4 of them being married) I can say that we are still going strong and still in love.

And....I'm sure he is still probably asking himself that same question every day.

Cheers to you, Dustin. I love you, babe! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments: