July 31, 2011

31 on 31

I just woke up from an amazing nap, still tired, sore and with skinned elbows. Although this doesn't sound like someone who just probably had one of the most amazing birthdays ever, I assure you, I wouldn't want to feel any other way.Tawni, me, Lindsay & Leigh at the Murphy Center overlooking the field

In the past birthdays have never really meant that much to me however, the older I get, the more I cherish the fact that I have lived another year. And I am so fortunate that I have a wonderful husband and friends that help to make this celebration of life better and better each year.

It just so happened that this year the Ladies Pirate Football Clinic was held Saturday, the day before my birthday. So three fabulous ladies joined me in Greenville to run drills in a 110 degree stadium. We were treated to a delicious catered lunch over looking the field and a tour of the weight & training room. The eye candy in there wasn't an awful addition either!

We were able to run out onto the field, like the players, to Purple Haze. We did chants, passed and threw footballs with the QB (yep, Dominique Davis) and tackle those big bags with the Defensive Tackles. Was it hot...hell yes, more than 400 hells. But totally worth it! Just to be on that field with the coaches and players was pure heaven. Everyone was so nice. I was just amazed! I didn't think it was possible to become a bigger ECU fan but by golly, I AM!

The weight room: Click on the pic to enlarge & you can read it. LOVE IT!


With Head Coach Ruffin McNeil all sweaty from "practice."


With some of the first string players. Davis is #4 & OMG #99 is one big ass dude!

Afterwards we headed to Chico's (hands down the best mexican food ever) and had baskets & baskets of chips & salsa. Oh and a craft of sangria too! Then back to Raleigh ...

We headed out to The Big Easy restaurant and over indulged in gumbo and Hurricanes. My awesome husband surprised me with these tasty cupcakes. I usually hate being sang "Happy Birthday" to but these made up for it. I'm pretty sure I squealed and giggled like a little girl. What a way to end a perfect day.



Thank you Dustin for the awesome cupcakes and more importantly the thought and planning that went along with it. You are just too good to me! Also thanks to everyone who came out. I wouldn't want to spend my birthday with anyone else (well Coach Ruff maybe would have made it better)!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like sooo much fun! Wish I could have been there (not the 100 degree weather part but the Chico's/cupcake part. ha!). Glad you had a wonderful bday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coach Ruff looks A-MAZING! Lucky guy too - he got to meet some of his biggest fans. Now I'm all antsy for football to start!

    What a wonderful way to spend a b-day. You can't beat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh gave me the "blow by blow" of the day in Greenville and your birthday celebration. It sounds like a "hoot." I was worried that Leigh would get Coach Ruffin aside to teach him how to REALLY coach football. Your photos are great and I LOVE the ECU cupcakes. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome day! Happy birthday Miss!!!!

    ReplyDelete