August 12, 2011

Throwback Friday



I miss Greenville. I miss college. Plain & simple.

Now that football season is here (Dwayne Harris kicked ass last night, btw)
it makes me think of my college days back at ECU.

This picture was taken at Eastern Street (2001) when we celebrated all of the July bdays.

This also happened to be my 21st. Doesn't seem like it was 10 years ago.

I don't remember a hell of alot of what happened. I do remember us getting a
ticket for noise, making a shit-load of PJ & jello shots. We also walked away
with a couple of extra bucks in our pocket. I still have the t-shirt that was made for me to prove it!

And last but not least, I woke up with dirt in my nose & ears. Bush diving, maybe?

Those were the days & sometimes I long for them again.

But I am proud & blessed to say that most of those peeps are still in my life. And while we are not 21 anymore, we still give it the ole' college try when we get together. Its as if our maturity regresses, along with our tolerance, & we behave as if we were back there on Eastern Street
whipping up a batch of PJ (these days its Sangria) & bonging beers and doing keg stands.

Thank God, its football season. Greenville, here we come!


3 comments: