March 7, 2011

7 Day Cleanse

Because I have received so many messages on Facebook regarding this new diet, I decided to chronicle my week here on Just Breathe.


As most of you aware, I started a diet on January 1st. I didn't follow a specific diet; you know I just cut back, eating healthier and added an exercise regiment. I haven't been too strict but I am proud to say that I've lost 10 pounds. I am about halfway to my goal.

I have now plateaued, so I've decided to do a 7 Day Cleanse Program from GNC. Its called Total Lean 7 Day Fast Loss. The kit (see above picture) includes a daily diet pack, lean shake meal replacement powder and a pre-diet cleanse.


The Pre-Diet Cleanse is to rid your body of built-up toxins that your body holds and does not naturally get rid of. In other words, its gonna make you poop and then poop some more. This also helps to boost your metabolism and allows your body to better absorb nutrients. It has tons of fiber!

I haven't had this yet as you are supposed to drink it after dinner so I'll follow up in a day or so to let you know how its going and how much I'm going.




The Daily Diet Pack: Supplements to help start burning more calories & increase energy.

The 2 red pills are Burn 60 which is supposed to help increase calorie burn-off. It also has caffeine for energy and metabolism boosting.

The smaller, lighter 2 pills are Waterex. These are for maintaining water balance and also has B-6.

The larger, darker pill is a Green Tea Complex that has EGCG. This is the major component of green tea and is for enhancing metabolism.

As for the program itself, it comes with a detailed meal plan & exercise plan. My plan is a little different. I'm taking the Diet Pack in the morning with breakfast (one of the shakes). For lunch its another shake with some fresh fruit. Dinner is the usual healthy things.

My workout plan for the week is yoga once a week, Zumba class on Tuesday, Zumba on the Wii one day & some other cardio for 30 minutes (probably a Jillian Micheal's' workout).

Now....I realize all this may be complete BS, however I'm gonna do it. I'll check in mid-week and let you know how its going and how much weight I've lost.

I will say that I was quite nervous about the Diet Pack. I haven't had any side effects. I have seen an increase in my energy level today. Also the shakes, although not the most tasty, do fill me up and keep me full.

Let me know if you have any questions and wish me luck....

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome you've already lost 10 pounds on your own. I hope the cleanse does what you want it to. I'm definitely interested to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to you melissa and congrats on 10 pounds. i have started cutting back and changing some things. hope, has suggested to not get fustrated so i am trying. do keep us informed and i will try this when i get back from the holy lands on mar 23rd. luvu margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 lbs????? how?????? jerk. i lost 6 and gained back 9.

    fyi, you will need to be near a toilet a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really should add the label -- poopage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm so impressed (and jealous) of your 10 lb loss! Let me know how that whole poop thing goes.

    ReplyDelete