March 25, 2011

Throwback Friday

On Monday, my little girl will be 8. I remember the day I brought her home. Suzie was soooo tiny and I was completely in love. The week before, I had gone and bought her some toys, a bed and all the puppy essentials. I went to Target and bought a pink baby blanket, which she still has, and a play pen. No child of mine was to sleep in a crate; I wanted nothing but the best for my new little pup.


Today Suzie looks nothing like she did when she was a pup. She has grown into a beautiful, lovely lady..well aside from licking her lady bits. She still has my heart.

A lot of my friends have "real" children these days and I can't imagine having one myself. Its strange to some of you, I know, that I don't have this overwhelming desire to be a mother to something other than a furbaby. Don't get me wrong, I like kids and I love holding and spending time with my friends' kids. I guess just for me, I was born without that biological clock. Or its just broke. But whatever the reason, I can sorta understand the love that parents have for their children. Because I've been spending so much time with babies, both personally and professionally, I've realized that I talk to Suzie and treat her just like I do the human babies. So in a weird way, I get it.

I love this dog more than anything. I mean its right up there for the unconditional love I have for my husband. I'd be devastated and lost without "my little Suzie girl." She makes me smile and laugh and angry sometimes...like right now while she is trying to rip paperwork to shreds. Ahh, who needs that silly paperwork right? Go ahead, play and have fun! Don't worry; mama will clean it up.

Happy Birthday, Suzie!




I'm mama's lil pirate...ARRGGHHH

6 comments:

  1. You darn well know I feel ya on this Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Halpert. I only hope I can love my "real" kids as much as I love him. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Suzie! She is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meliss, I am totally with you on all of the above comments!! I completely get it ;) Please give Suzie a big birthday hug and kiss from her cousin Clover and Aunt Linds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, and it happened to be a post about pups :) From one dog mommy to another, it totally warmed my heart to know I'm not the only one who treats her fur babies like real babies.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete