May 13, 2010

Taking Out the Trash

I must start with the disclaimer that in no way am I calling anyone "trash" in the blog you are about to read.



In recent months, I've been forced into decisions that I myself did not want to make. Well, actually these decisions were made for me. In my life I've been doing some spring cleaning, if you will, and getting rid of people in my life that are just not good for me anymore. Well, really they got rid of me because I chose not to choose. What I mean by this is that I have people in my life that necessarily do not like other people in my life. And that's okay; really it is. But some individuals could not get pass the fact I chose to live my life in a way that noone has problems with me and I do not have problems with anyone else. Now I haven't also agreed with everything between the two groups but nothing had ever been done personally to me. But anyway, I was told several months ago that the time had come that I had to choose. I chose not to and well the people who I thought were my friends got together and I guess collectively, as a group, decided that I was no longer someone they needed in their life and tossed me out of their lives like yesterday's trash.



So, starting today I'm cleaning house. So, if you are the following, be prepared to have yourself "deleted" from my life. I am too old and too good of a person to keep dealing with this nonsense. I have come to realize who my true friends are and although my list of friends is getting shorter and shorter I am thrilled to finally start weeding out the bad and toxic seeds in my life.



1. Friends are not hypocritical.

2. Friends do not kick you while you're down.

3. Friends do not talk behind your back; they go straight to the source.

4. Friends do not threaten you.

5. Friends do not keep score.

6. Friends do throw in your face every nice thing they've ever done for you.

7. Friends do not rejoice in your misfortunes.

8. Friends let other people make their own decisions.

9. Friends do not take advantage of you.



And finally..... FRIENDS DO NOT MAKE YOU CHOOSE!



I've never done any of the things that I've been blamed for and I know in my heart I'm better off. There comes a time in your life when you just have to throw things out. Even if at some point prior it was important and meant the world to you. Even if you once adored these certain items in your life. You grow up and realize certain things. So here's to taking out the trash!



***Once again, I'm not calling anyone trash. Because there has been a threat of freedom of speech vs. legality issues of blogging, I can't stress enough that I'm not calling anyone trash***

3 comments:

  1. Love you Twat. Just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. We are far too old for silly drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is too short for hot mess frenemies. There are too many bonfires to dance around, too many snuggie dance-off's to be had, and too many good nights with good beers and good friends in our future.

    ReplyDelete