May 9, 2010

A Tribute on Mother's Day

A week ago today, you passed away. As much as I want to sit here and cry and mourn your passing, I'm not. You'd kick my ass if I did. So instead I'm gonna celebrate your life, and laugh. I'm gonna laugh today until my stomach hurts and I have tears rolling down my cheeks. Tears of inspiration and tears of gratefulness for the life I have. The life, you helped shape.

Remember when Dad and I put together your stationary bike and didn't tighten the seat on good enough? I do, you sat down on it and fell backwards, feet over head onto the floor. You just laughed and laughed.

Remember when you told me that you were a Mouseketeer on the Mickey Mouse Club? I told you to prove it and you made up some ridiculous tap dance and song and performed it. I went to school and told everyone you were a Mouseketeer. You just laughed and laughed.

Remember when you were in Atlantic City and hit it big on the slots and all the quarters came flying out? You were so excited that you fell off your stool and the security guard had to help you up. You just laughed and laughed.



Remember when Dustin and I took you to see Chicago and I asked you how you liked it? You said, "well he's no Richard Gere, but he'll do." You just laughed and laughed.

Grandma, you taught me to always see the humour in everything. So today I'm going to laugh and laugh.



Janie Watson
June 6, 1926 - May 2, 2010






4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic entry. Cheers to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I wish I had had a chance to meet her she sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post and what a great way to remember her. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete