May 28, 2010

Baby, You Get My Motor Running


I have to admit that I've been a little depressed lately. Summer is here. Memorial Day Weekend, for me, is the best weekend ever. Its the beginning of summer which means weekends at the lake.

This year I haven't been looking forward to it at all. It was just a reminder of the deep, dark depression I've been it.

It all started on an unusually hot Friday afternoon. Good Friday to be exact. Dustin and I were out on the boat with some friends, Leigh and Jeff. It had been a wonderful day. I was about 6 beers deep and we were returning from the "Stansion," a campsite named after our dear friend Stan and his gang of misfits.

All of a sudden the motor turned off.

And it wouldn't start.

We had no oars to row.

The water was a cold 52 degrees.

I had to pee.

We sent out a SOS.

Nothing.

Jeff and Dustin, hero'd up, tied themselves to the boat and started swimming. Leigh and I waved and shouted. We showed boobies...not really but it would have been funny. Finally someone helped! We made it.

But then depression started. We needed a whole new motor. We have no money. No money equals no motor. No motor equals no boat. No boat equals no summer. How the hell am I going to make it?

After several long, dark weeks, the sky has parted. We got the money together and the motor arrived today. So in just a few weeks we'll be back. And I predict the summer will be the best ever. The Redneck Yacht Club is back in business. Stansion here we come! Below is my summer prediction in pictures:










Hope yaw'll can come hang with us this summer. I promise it will be an experience you'll never forget.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I were there! I'd be all over that!!! Not much beats drinking on a boat in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, those are too much! :) ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I sign up? Come to CLT soon so we can show those snotty Lake Norman folks how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...I did show my boobies, remember? ;)
    The second picture is Stan's brother, I'm pretty sure.
    Looking forward to a summer filled with endless trips in the woods to pee, prison tats, the State Penn and the floating beer pong table! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get a new motor and will be back out on the boat. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete